2013 Chapter’s Scheduled Activities and Events
- Fundraising efforts for building of the memorial to “preserve the legacy” of
- Project Rodney Davis – Continue cemetery clean up partnering with Macon and
Albany, Marine Corps League, HqBn, 4th Recon, 5th Marines – Vietnam Association and to help with building the memorial in honor of Medal of Honor Recipient Sgt. Rodney
- To award our first Scholarship to a deserving JROTC student in the Spring.
- To have a picnic to continue to build camaraderie within the chapter and to use as a forum to recruit others into our chapter.
- To continue to revamp/rewrite our by-laws to be inclusive and in accordance
with the provisions of 501( c )3 in order to write grants and solicit funds to help with the building of the memorial in “Preserving the Legacy”.
- To look long-range in purchasing a building that will house our chapter and
Additionally, we will strive to accomplish the following:
- Grow the association by 10%
- Retain current membership
- To raise $50,000 towards erection of the MPM Memorial
- Sponsor ROTC Competition 2013
- Participate with more local and military organizations that are aligned with our
- Partner with Local community to provide mentor support to children in need and to promote the Frederick C. Branch Scholarship Program to high school and college
counselors and administrators.
CONGRESSIONAL GOLD MEDAL CEREMONY, EMANCIPATION HALL, WASHINGTON, DC